Well, it has been a very busy summer and it isn't even halfway over.... ANJ started gymnastics. He is very agile. I think he likes it bunches because he gets to roll around and jump and all that kind of stuff. It really is cute to watch him. He has incredible balance too. I was very impressed with him. He also started soccer camp. It was only a week but he loved it. I think it is a good fit for him because there is a lot of running. Lots and lots of running. He is getting the basic skills down and that is really good. I hear the coach is thinking of adding another week but I would definitely do it again, because he seemed to enjoy it so much. He was always tired, so a nap was practically guaranteed. One day I gave him a glazed doughnut. There was no nap that day. The sugar negated the effects of the exercise. Needless to say it wasn't a good day for us. Over all however, I have truly enjoyed all of it.
Here are some pics of him at his camp. Please note he is decked out in official soccer gear. I believe this is the German team uniform. He also got cleats from his Nana and dad. Apparently we have a soccer store at a mall around here and they went to town. My mom is also sending some uniforms for him from Baranquilla, Colombia. He will have a full soccer wardrobe before the summer is out. I asked him which he liked better soccer or gymnastics. He said soccer, so that is exciting too. I digress, here are the pictures

In the middle of camp.....



Before his first day. Too cute.
ERJ is doing very well. She is now 9 months old. She is standing up and cruising a little bit. She can't really stand on her own but boy can she crawl fast. I have lost her a couple of times in the house. I just turn my back for a second and she is gone. I think most of the time she is trying to keep up with her brother. I thought I might catch a break from an "active" child this go around but the more I am thinking about it, I may not. She doesn't have any teeth yet. However, she has plenty of hair. Her bangs are finally starting to grow in so, if I do have to get it cut at some point that will be what gets trimmed.
Here are some pics of her...
We have also discovered that she loves, loves, loves the water. She has been swimming several time at Nana's house and really enjoys splashing in the water.


I have also had to learn how to style hair. I am so not a hair person so this has been a challenge. Also, she is still mostly a moving target as far as that is concerned...I have to resist every urge to dress her up super cute and accessorize because mostly it would take too much time and chasing after her brother and getting myself out the door is enough challenge in itself(most days).
I also had a little shindig to celebrate my birthday at the beginning of the month. It was great to see old and new friends and to celebrate the day with family. I was very lucky that my parents were able to be in town. We had a really great time and I thank all that came. This is a pic of ERJ and her friend LGP that were due on the same day. He came 2 weeks ahead and it is just cute to see how they compare. I hope they get to be as good a friends as me and his mom are....It is just cute to watch them interact.

Here is a family picture before the festivities began. 3 out of 4 looking at the camera isn't too bad.

Also ERJ's aunt decided to feed her some cake. She loved it of course, how could she not, it was fabulous.

In other news things are going pretty well around the Johnson house. We are putting up a pergola this weekend on the deck. Hopefully we can get some shade. We expect to be able to use the back porch just a bit more after it is all done. I will be travelling in a few weeks to Dallas TX for my Mary Kay seminar. I am really excited because it is always so much fun and I learn so much. Brian has also decided to start a small business on the side with a company called Send Out Cards. It's pretty cool because you use the Internet to select and personalize a physical greeting card that is mailed out to whoever you want. I have used it a bunch for the business and love it. So be sure to look at your Christmas cards because I will be using it there too. Now for the Shameless Plug Section: If you are interested in trying out the service and sending just a card or two to see what it is all about let Brian now. He is excited to share it with you.
Now I think it off to bed. We are kid free tonight which is why this post even had a chance to get done. But I want to get my full nights rest so I am out. Hope you all have a Happy 4th of July and stay safe.



1 comment:
The kids are precious, Grace, and as always, I can totally hear you saying what you write in your blog. Makes me laugh (and miss you!)
Post a Comment