Sunday, December 13, 2009

Long, Long Time.... I know

So I know it has been a while so here I am going to try to give you a succinct update on all the happenings at the Johnson household. We will start at Thanksgiving and work back. We went to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving. We were up there for 2 weeks. Luckily we left before any major snow hit although we did see a bit of it. We got to take ANJ to the Mall of America. There we found a great amusement park inside of the mall. It is pretty neat. I found that most of the things up there were indoor capable. I guess you have to be prepared. He found some bumper cars that were just his size. He loved it. So he rode them over and over and over and over. We got the use out of that unlimited ticket for sure. Here is a picture of him enjoying the rides.



I got on a coaster with him for a little bit. This one was fun. A bit jarring but aren't they all.



While we were there we got to take a tour of my dad's plant. ANJ liked most of it but when we went to the furnace he was none too excited. The extreme heat started to freak him out I think. So we spent some time in the cooler parts of the facility and then we were all fine. This is my dad showing him some stuff in shipping.




This is where the breakdown almost happened. You see how my hair seems to be blowing away. There was a ton of wind because of the heat coming off the furnace. The furnace is the background in this photo. That little orange box is a way to look into the furnace. I think it is close to 2500 or 3000 degrees. So it was hot. It started to scare ANJ just a bit here but we made it through.




Then we spent some time in my Dad's office. ANJ got to pretend to work. I don't know if glass making will be for him but we will see.




Here is on of our novel experiments. Due to budgetary constraints we decided to try to take our own Holiday picture. The picture below is as good as it got. We didn't all look the same way even once. I don't think using two cameras is a good idea. I also learned it was just too stressful to try do this at home. We did get a chance to go to a studio a bit later but that wasn't too much better. So from now on I am pooling money to hire a professional photographer to follow us around a bit and make it a bit less stressful for me.





Here is ANJ and his scary face like his pumpkin. His dad carved this one for him. And yes he is wearing a mustache.


He shared some of his loot with his sister. She didn't go with us because when we went it was pouring down rain. Torrential. He was so hell bent on going though, that we just forged ahead. Only after we got back did it stop raining. If we had just waited.....



He was a ghostubuster this year and his sister was a ghost. It would have been cute if we could have gone together. He loved it though.





He got tons of treats from everywhere. This cute box came from my folks. I don't think I like the fall season because there are just so many treats and sugar everywhere.


Here are ANJ and his dad picking out a pumpkin. You can check him out in the previous pictures. They had a great time!


We also went to Blacks farm and went to their fall festival. I tried to get a picture of her with the pumpkins and this is what I got.... She wasn't in the mood. I still like the picture though. Is it weird that I still think she is so cute when she cries?


We also got to celebrate my dad's birthday. The kids like to blow out candles so it was great fun.



ANJ got to ride a pony at a friends birthday party. He had a really good time.



So that is the end of the update. I know that I am already behind for December but I willupdate after Christmas. I hope this season finds all of you well. We have been very lucky and blessed ourselves.

1 comment:

The Thomas Crew said...

Love all the pictures! Your dad looks great, Grace.